We Buy Your Used Watches
Give You The Best Price For Your Designer or Luxury Watches
If you have used designer or luxury watches, you can quickly exchange them for cash. As leading watch buyers, we promise to Give You The Best Price For Your Designer Or Luxury Watches – new, used, or broken. Our team of skilled appraisers has over 50 years of experience buying luxury brand name jewelry and watches and has made the process of selling watches online more straightforward than ever. Request your free and insured* appraisal kit today – start selling your watches!
What are the Watch Brands We Buy?
Watch values vary by brand and model. Therefore, we do not buy every brand out on the fine watch market. Currently, there are well over 50 brands and hundreds of models of fine watches that we will purchase. Please get in touch with us to see if your watch qualifies with our purchase program. As a general rule, we prefer watches with a current market value of over $1,000. However, exceptions are always made, and in the least, your best course of action is to speak with our fine watch specialist.
At GoldBuyersNearMe.com, you can sell watches and luxury watches, as well as used and broken watches. We are interested in buying all luxury brands as well as antique pocket watches. If your watch has been engraved or personalized, no problem! Check out some of the brands we buy and start selling your watches online today!
Fill out the form for your
FREE Appraisal Kit
Why Should You Sell Your Watch to Us?
Not every online watch buyer will meet your expectations. But at GoldBuyersNearMe.com, you have the full assurance of the best deal ever. Here is why we are your sure bet:
1. We are Reputable watch buyers: our standing as reliable watch buyers is unquestionable. We are experienced and reputable watch buyers, and we protect every watch entering our facility. When you send us your watch, our carrier will supply you with a tracking number so you can track the progress of your package from your home to our facility. If you live in our area, you can arrange an appointment to have your items evaluated in person.
Once we examine your watch and confirm authenticity, we will contact you with an offer for your fine timepiece. We study your watch on the same day it arrives by mail or immediately when brought into our facility. We offer several different payment methods for your fine timepiece, including Business Check, PayPal, Western Union, and Wire Transfer (Wire Transfers incur a small bank fee).
2. We offer the highest market value: We aim to appraise and buy your watch for the highest possible current market value. We do this by providing your watch to every dealer; we have an established working relationship within our network, which offers access to hundreds of buyers daily. Instead of listing or selling your watch to a local jewelry store or pawn shop, we will buy it and make it available nationally to retailers, wholesale dealers, and collectors.
Take heed, though. There are a lot of different companies claiming to be brokers or anything other than a buyer. We suggest you read the fine print and in between the lines before you say yes. Unlike most other companies, we direct buyers and eventually resell our watches to brokers and dealers. Trust our excellent reputation and standing with the most unbiased organizations and news media.
3. We use simple transaction processes: We are one of the most straightforward designers and luxury watch buyers you could ever engage. For example;
Is Your Watch a Luxury Brand or Fake?
You can never be 100% sure your watch is what you think it is. Besides a self-appraisal at your end, we also examine how genuine a brand your watch is. So, once we receive the watch you are selling, our appraisers will carefully inspect the watch looking for specific brand characteristics to confirm its authenticity. Most luxury watches will also come with a certificate of authenticity. Things we look for are the following:
Color can slightly vary in counterfeit watches along with the finish. Watches that use real gold should also have a hallmark. We will test the gold material to confirm the purity content is accurate, contributing to the amount we offer.
If your watch is authentic, it should have some weight as it will have used authentic materials. Counterfeit watches are usually made with cheaper material and will be lighter than an original model.
Typefaces and Engravings
The typeface should be the proper shape and size, and engravings should be smooth to the touch. Spelling errors are often seen in counterfeit items and are the first sign an item is not authentic. We will also inspect your piece for serial numbers and use that to authenticate the timepiece, as each designer will have a specific serial number for each watch they sell.
The number one characteristic in determining whether a watch is real or fake is that nothing can beat an original watch movement. Our appraiser will examine the watch in its internal mechanisms to make sure it’s moving as it should.
Cheaper watches or counterfeits will tend to make a ticking sound. Fine watches have extremely smooth mechanisms, so there won’t be a sound – another factor in knowing you have an authentic movement.
What is Considered a Luxury Watch?
At GoldBuyersNearMe.com, we buy luxury brand watches. Of course, we also purchase fashion brand watches. But what is the difference between a luxury watch and, say, a fashion brand watch?
1. Cost. In general, a luxury brand watch will cost a lot more than a fashion watch due to the time it takes to be created and the craftsmanship to make it. For example, a $5,000 watch could take up to a day or two at the lower end of the spectrum. However, when you get into handmade, artisanal quality timepieces, it can take several days, weeks, or even up to a month to produce a single watch.
2. Reputation. Some brands are thought to be luxury just by their brand name – i.e., Rolex. Often, these can be unnecessarily costly and overpriced because you are paying for the name. Still, that doesn’t mean you aren’t getting a nice watch.
3. Accuracy. Any fine luxury timepiece will be noted for its accuracy of keeping time. We measure the accuracy in percentages and the format of -x/+x (i.e., -4 seconds / +4 seconds). In everyday life, 99.9% accuracy is pretty perfect, but when it comes to a timepiece, that means that it could be off by 1 minute and 27 seconds every day. COSC is Contrôle Officiel Suisse des Chronomètres, the Official Swiss Chronometer Testing Institute, is responsible for certifying the accuracy and precision of watches in Switzerland and for a watch to be COSC certified and be accurate within -4/+6 seconds per day.
4. Components and Materials: This factor also contributes to the cost of the watch. When a watch uses precious metals, the watch’s price can increase significantly even if the same parts are used. You can find components such as a chronograph or date and time displays, alarms, and self-winding mechanisms in fashion watches. Still, depending on the complexity, they can increase the cost of a timepiece.
5. Investment: Some luxury watch brands are handmade. The artisanal quality watches are so intricate that they produce so few watches in a year. This rarity leads to very high demand within the collecting network.
So, what do you consider a “fashion watch”? Popular clothing brands like Michael Kors and Marc Jacobs will use watches to elevate a brand image and complete the brand experience instead of being a significant moneymaker. Fashion watches tend to focus on the current style trend and what is “hot” now. While they can still cost a couple of hundred dollars, they don’t compare to the luxury brand price tag.
Common Luxury Watch Styles
Like most fashion items, watches come in many styles. Watch styles were for specific uses such as nautical, sports and fashion, etc. At GoldBuyersNearMe.com, you can sell all luxury watch styles – we buy them all! Here are some of the typical luxury watch styles:
These are watches that were designed for underwater diving. They have a minimum water-resistance of 100 m (330 ft) deep. In addition, they can feature chronographs (stopwatch or timer), illuminated faces, and other dive-friendly features. Rolex Submariner is one of the most popular dive watches. Sell your Rolex watch today!
Pilots watches were initially designed to tailor to aircraft pilots’ needs and feature aeronautical themes that resemble the cockpit.
These watches tend to be the most expensive style. Their crafting is out of precious metal with an elegant and formal design. They can also include diamonds and gems.
Watch Movements – What is commonly used for luxury brands?
A watch movement is the number one determining factor when we examine watches to know whether they are real or fake. The watch movement is the engine of the watch: it makes the hands move, keeping accurate time and any other features incorporated in the watch.
There are two main categories for watch movements: quartz and mechanical. An easy way to figure out which type of movement your watch has is by looking at the second hand. If it has a tick motion that moves once per second, it’s a quartz movement, whereas a mechanical movement has a smooth sweeping motion. Luxury brands usually include a mechanical movement.
Mechanical Movements: This movement is often chosen for luxury brands due to its craftsmanship and quality. These movements contain tiny components that work together to make the watch function and use a wound spring rather than a battery to power the watch. There are two different classes of mechanical movement: manual and automatic.
Automatic Movement: The second form of mechanical movement is automatic movement. The automatic movement harnesses energy through the natural motion of the watch wearer, transferring power to wind the watch automatically and doesn’t require manual winding. However, if it does not get worn every day, it will need a brisk wind to regain initial power.
Manual Movement: Watch experts call it “traditional movement,” and it is the oldest watch movement. This movement requires manual wind and often displays its gears through the back of the case. The power reserve for this movement could be 24 hours. But it could also go up to a couple of days, depending on the type of watch. Watch owners who buy manual movements have the habit of winding their watch every morning before putting it on.
Quartz Movement – A quartz movement is accurate and requires less maintenance as it leverages a battery to power its movement. There are two types of quartz movements: battery-powered and solar-powered (using light to power the battery). Please note: battery-powered doesn’t mean it can’t rival the mechanics of a luxury timepiece. Regardless of the movement, we will accept all authentic luxury watches – used, new or broken. So why not make a request today and sell your watch!
Regardless of the movement, we will accept all authentic luxury watches – used, new or broken. So why not make a request today and sell your watch!